If you’re in the business of chicken farming, one of the best decisions you can make is raising your flock free-range style. What does ‘free range’ mean anyway? Essentially, this refers to a method of farming wherein animals are free to roam outdoors as opposed to being confined to close quarters.
As a poultry farmer, how do you benefit from selling free-range products anyway? In this article, we’ll delve into how letting your chickens enjoy some freedom can work to your advantage:
- Free-range products are great sources of protein. One of the healthiest things about free-range chicken is that they contain more protein. Because they get to engage in natural behavior such as dust bathing and pecking, they get more exercise than conventional chickens. In turn, they’re in better shape, which ultimately benefits the consumer.
- Free-range chickens make healthier eggs. In general, free-range chickens produce eggs that are naturally more dense than caged hens. Free-range eggs contain less cholesterol and saturated fat. At the same time, they have more Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Beta-carotene, and Omega-3. This means consumers who eat your free-range products will get more nutrients.
- Free-range chickens are raised in a more humane environment. Nowadays, people don’t just care about eating delicious products. They also care about how that animal was raised. Basically, free-range chickens aren’t subject to potentially dangerous living conditions. In turn, they’re less stressed, and they grow happier and healthier.
- Free-range products taste better. The happier and healthier chickens are, the better they taste. This is because they get more exercise. At the same time, free-range chickens have access to natural food sources. This means they have better quality eating habits than their conventionally raised counterparts.
- Free-range chickens cost less to raise. Because free-range chickens get to eat from grass in their surroundings and other natural food sources within their area, as a poultry farmer, you don’t have to invest as much in food. Raising your chicken’s free-range style may require more space, but you’ll save a lot of money in the long run. At the same time, you’ll be raising products of better quality.
These are only some of the reasons why raising free-range chickens is good for you in the long haul. Setting up and maintaining the area for them to roam around in may take some time and effort, but it will be worth it. After all, you’ll be able to charge more money for better quality products. Free-range products are considered more premium than their conventional counterparts.
When taking care of free-range chickens, it’s important that you invest in products of excellent quality as well. To keep your chickens safe and secure while they do what they please, you should purchase durable and good-quality free-range nets. Also known as chicken nets, free-range nets make sure your chickens stay within your farm’s premises, and wards away potential threats as well. They help you control the area where your chickens can run off.
We at Philippine Ranging Nets specialize in providing poultry farmers around the country with strong and affordable free-range nets so you can take better care of your free-range products. Our top-quality nets help you save money in the long run too. Check out our catalog of export quality free-range nets to improve your chicken’s living conditions today.